What is a sacrament?
--Searching in Sealy
A sacrament is a celebration or ritual in the Catholic Church of a particular moment of God's grace in one's life. There are 7 recognized sacraments in the Catholic Church - they are also grouped into particular areas by the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
- Baptism [membership into the life of the church],
- Confirmation [being sealed in the Holy Spirit],
- Eucharist [the celebration of the Lord's supper and remembrance of God's love to us through Jesus' life, death and resurrection],
SACRAMENTS OF HEALING:
- Reconciliation [a moment to see and know how we have sinned and God forgives us for our sins again God and humanity],
- Anointing of the Sick [the moment to have Christ heal and raises us up from
SACRAMENTS AT THE SERVICE OF THE COMMUNION OF THE CHURCH:
- Marriage, and
- Holy Orders (for the diaconate, presbyterate and episcopacy).